The secret of a good ratatouille is to cook the vegetables separately so each will taste truly of itself— Joel Robuchon
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp fresh parsley- chopped . You can substitute the same with 1/2 tsp of dry parsley
- 2 tsp of finely chopped spring onion greens or onion powder
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder/chipotle powder to taste (i love to use chipotle powder for that smoky taste)
- 1 tsp melted butter/oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- Oil for making crepes
For Ratatouille filling
- 1 potato – peeled and sliced horizontally (into discs), 1/8″ thick
- 50 gms tofu/cottage cheese – sliced horizontally, 1/8″ thick
- 1 aubergine/eggplant- sliced horizontally, 1/8″ thick
- 1 zucchini -sliced into discs, 1/8″ thick
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes – grated
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 3 tsp oil- i prefer olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan + cheddar cheese (mixed). Can also use any other cheese.
We will start with the Ratatouille
- In a griddle pan/tava, pour a spoon of oil. Let it heat.
- Now to this, add the aubergine, tofu/cottage cheese and zucchini slices and grill on both sides till slightly toasted. Remove and drain on a kitchen paper towel.
- Take the potato discs and heat it in the microwave for 5 minutes or till it is par boiled.
- Grill these potato discs on both sides till toasted. Remove and keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 F and keep ready.
- Meanwhile create the tomato sauce. In a pan, take 1 tsp oil. Heat till hot. To this add the chopped onions and fry till transparent. Add in the minced garlic, grated tomato, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- In a baking dish (greased with oil/cooking spray), pour a ladle of the tomato sauce. Now Layer it with roasted potato discs followed by another layer of tomato sauce. Sprinkle a handful of grated cheese. Complete the layers with the rest of the vegetable/tofu, tomato sauce and grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or till the cheese is completely melted. Remove from oven and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and make a batter with pouring consistency.
- On a griddle, pour a ladle of the batter and make thin crepes. Spoon a little oil on the outer sides of the crepe and cook on both sides. Remove and keep aside
For the serving
In a plate, take 1 crepe and put 1/6th of the ratatouille serving. Sprinkle some pepper and mustard sauce if desired.
Ratatouille Crepes are great in taste and very very tempting to look at. The cheese makes it interesting and one can be creative with the way both can be combined (you can try create a thicker batter and create thick pancakes, making it more like a ratatouille fresh pizza/pancake).
chk if u also have a mouse in ur hair…coz u coming up with amazing stuff sis..! :O
hehe… Ratatouille inspired is it ?? 😛
Pingback: Masala Pancake | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Crunchy crepe coins | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Recipes | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Banana Oatmeal – breakfast Slice | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Indian eggplant in five spice blend | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Crispy Crusted Stuffed Eggplant skins | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Masala Pancake – Divine Spice Box