Do you also look for recipes for rice and noodles to compliment your Oriental stir fry dishes? Bored with the same old simple side of plain rice? Me too! Well, today I am bring to you a Noodle dish which is sweet, spicy and so addictive! These Asian inspired sweet chili garlic noodles has bold flavors which not only make them excellent sides for your Asian entrees but is a complete dish on its own. Whats best – All you need is some basic pantry staples and just 10 minutes. Lets learn how to make these.
I have been MIA from the blogosphere for quite sometime now. I am not even sure what I was busy doing…I guess I was in dire need of a break. Between some design work and food recipes/review projects, I just couldn’t organize my thoughts to pen down the recipes. In my defense, I have been cooking loads 😛 To keep up with the busy schedule, I have been doing loads of fuss free- simple recipes lately and thought of sharing one such versatile recipe with you all here today.
My family is crazy for Noodles. Seriously!! We can have noodles for all 3 meals 🙂 I usually just make a big batch and tweak around a few recipes I have under my belt to concoct variations in Noodle dishes. My latest spin which I am calling “Sweet Chili Garlic noodles” are inspired by the flavors of a traditional Schezwan sauce. You can call it a “deconstructed Schezwan Noodles” if you wish 🙂 It comes together in 10 mins flat and you can pair this dish with just about any Oriental stir fry. Happy tummy guaranteed 😛
I have to confess something here – I hate to serve plain rice with my Oriental dishes. I know that restaurants do that because they like the flavors of the stir fry to be the hero of the meal … but personally, I find that really un-inspiring! The stir fry entrees are often not as spicy as I would love and then the plain rice further kills the heat and flavors for me. I often end up drowning my rice with loads of chili paste and sodium laden soy sauce 😛 Now that is the story of when we dine out but when I cook oriental at home, I always stir fry the noodle/rice as well. The dish I have for you today is bit on the spicier side, but if you prefer something a little more kid-friendly, try my my 10 min sesame garlic noodles.
I paired these sweet chili garlic noodles with my all time favorite Kung Pao Tofu and some quick braised Brussels sprouts and it was a fabulous combination to say the least. I am these delicious pictures are making you as hungry as I am right now, so why waste any more time … let’s get cookin!
Sweet Chili Garlic Noodles
- 1 pound cooked Noodles
- 1 medium Red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cup of vegetables of your choice (bell peppers, Carrots, French Beans etc)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Scallions (green part), chopped for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle of black/ white sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Sweet Chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce (i prefer low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Sambal Oelek/ Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon white vingear
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat a wok and add the oil along with garlic and saute till he garlic is lightly golden in color.
- Next, add in the chopped onions and vegetables and saute on high flame till the vegetables are slightly cooked (about 2-3 minutes)
- Mix all the ingredients for the Sweet chili sauce and add on top of the cooked vegetables
- Quickly add in the cooked noodles and toss to mix everything well.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Sprinkle the garnishing on top and serve right away!
Love Oriental food? Check out my collection of EAST ASIAN RECIPES
Dishes to pair with these Sweet Chili Garlic Noodles