Sometimes pulling through the week, cooking every meal becomes a really big chore and starts to eat away time from your important tasks of the day. Those days, meals like these come in real handy and give you that breath you have been looking for the whole day. Here, i am making a real quick 10 min noodle dish which looks simple but is not short of flavours. Presenting Sesame Garlic Noodles.
I love to take on multiple projects at work and home at the same time with great enthusiasm but soon they start to pile up on me and then i find it tough to manage them all… well that’s me in a nut shell 😛 To manage cooking along with these daily, i have a few tricks up my sleeve. I usually make big batches of half cooked, freezer friendly food and store them in freezer which makes my life really easy when i am short on time or supplies but i don’t need my meal to shout that out 😛
Just a couple of weeks back, i made a big batch of non-fried mixed vegetable manchurian balls which i happily stored in the freezer to make myself some yummy manchurian any day without the hassle of spending another hour to make it from scratch. Today, i was really short on time with some assignments to complete but was yearning a hot comforting bowl of Manchurian gravy with noodles. My initial take was to just order take-out but then i remembered i had my freezer stocked and i quickly put together the manchurian gravy. Now, i was left to make the noodles. With just about half hour at hand to make and eat, i resorted to these quick stir fry noodles. Have a look !
Sesame Garlic Noodles
Sesame Garlic Noodles
- 8 oz / 0.5 kgs dried spaghetti/noodles
- Water for boiling the noodles
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2-3 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar (i like to use rice vinegar)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce/ hot sauce (optional. If you don’t want to make it spicy, you can leave out the hot sauce)
- dash of garlic powder (optional)
- dash of onion powder (optional)
- Begin with boiling water for noodles. Once the water boils, add in 1/2 to salt to it and then the dried noodles. Boil to al-dente as per the instructions on the package.
- Once done, drain and keep ready.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together till everything is well combined and homogeneous.
- Pour this sauce over the noodles and mix well. I like to mix using two chopsticks. Add in the salt and pepper as required. Sprinkle sesame seeds and spring greens on top as garnishing. Serve warm.
Serve along side any sort of Indo-Chinese gravies or dipping sauces. My recommendation is Mixed vegetable Manchurian Gravy
Now won’t u call that the quick fix? The flavours of this sesame garlic noodles is really harmonious with a hint of garlic and works well with any of the stir fry dishes. Now, who would say that i spent only a total of 15 mins on cooking and had my fancy shmacy meal of Manchurian Gravy and Sesame Garlic Noodles!! Give it a go.
Some related dishes