Sometimes pulling through the week, cooking every meal becomes a really big chore and starts to eat away time from your important tasks of the day. Here, i am making a real quick 10 min noodle dish which looks simple but is not short of flavors. Presenting Sesame Garlic Noodles.
Just a couple of weeks back, i made a big batch of non-fried mixed vegetable manchurian balls which i happily stored in the freezer to make myself some yummy manchurian any day without the hassle of spending another hour to make it from scratch. Today, i was really short on time with some assignments to complete but was yearning a hot comforting bowl of Manchurian gravy with noodles. My initial take was to just order take-out but then i remembered i had my freezer stocked and i quickly put together the manchurian gravy. Now, i was left to make the noodles. With just about half hour at hand to make and eat, i resorted to these quick stir fry noodles. Have a look !
Sesame Garlic Noodles
Sesame Garlic Noodles
- dried spaghetti/noodles- 8 oz / 0.5 kgs
- Water for boiling the noodles
- sesame seeds- 2 tsp , toasted
- spring onion- 2-3 stalks, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sesame oil- 1 tablespoons
- light soy sauce- 3 tablespoons
- rice vinegar – 2 tsp
- garlic- 3-4 cloves, minced
- brown sugar- 2 tsp
- pinch of chili flakes
- Sriracha sauce/ hot sauce- 2 tsp (optional. If you don’t want to make it spicy, you can leave out the hot sauce)
- dash of garlic powder (optional)
- dash of onion powder (optional)
- Begin with boiling water for noodles. Once the water boils, add in 1/2 to salt to it and then the dried noodles. Boil to al-dente as per the instructions on the package.
- Once done, drain and keep ready.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together till everything is well combined and homogeneous.
- Pour this sauce over the noodles and mix well. I like to mix using two chopsticks. Add in the salt and pepper as required. Sprinkle sesame seeds and spring greens on top as garnishing. Serve warm.
Serve along side any sort of Indo-Chinese gravies or dipping sauces. My recommendation is Mixed vegetable Manchurian Gravy
Now won’t u call that the quick fix?
The flavors of this sesame garlic noodles is really harmonious with a hint of garlic and works well with any of the stir fry dishes. Now, who would say that i spent only a total of 15 mins on cooking and had my fancy shmacy meal of Manchurian Gravy and Sesame Garlic Noodles!! Give it a go.
Delicious, Prachi! I’d love a bowlful of these right now!
hehe.. thanks girl !
I love the garlic and all the other flavors you have in this dish–sounds wonderful!
Thank u so much Nancy for stopping by. I am glad you liked the dish 🙂 Me and my husband love garlic in just about anything and these noodles are no exception 😛
Thanks skd for stopping by. Happy to know that you liked these noodles. Sesame seeds surely adds to the crunch of the noodles.I hope u try out the recipe 🙂
I would love to! !!
Pingback: Sweet chili garlic noodles- 10 min recipe – Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Marinated Tofu in Apricot mustard sauce – Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Collection "Must Try" Tofu recipes – Divine Spice Box
Pingback: DSB Best recipes of 2016 – Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Jackfruit Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna – Divine Spice Box