It is Salad day at Divine Spice Box station today ! Today, i am making a fun, happy salad which you can make in advance and enjoy any time of the day. Presenting Roasted Potato Lettuce Salad.
I have been trying to eat healthy and clean my diet for a few weeks. One of the most effective way is to incorporate more greens in your diet. I would be putting lots of easy and fun recipes in the days to follow which can make your diet schedule more hearty, colorful and healthy. With the intention of consuming some green over this week, i bought lots of kale and a whole bunch of Romaine lettuce apart from other salad ingredients. With kale, i made a huge batch of my Kale Chickpea Kebabs which i froze and now when i am in mood for eating a burger, i just pull out a couple of kebabs from the freezer, thaw them and use them as patties with my home made W.W Bread. With the lettuce, i used a few big leaves with my Vietnamese Savory Wraps which was absolutely fantastic but off course i still had a big bunch to deal with.
Now, i am not an avid salad maker. I am a girl who knows her spices and curries well but Salad is something i am yet to work my way around. When it comes to Salad, i usually get my share of panic attacks and i am often clueless about its contents or construction. I just start to put in things which makes a pairing in my head and develop flavours as they come to me. This time, i planned to work with potatoes and Lettuce. I wanted a crunch and comfort with every bite and this combination seemed perfect!
Roasted Potato Lettuce Salad
Roasted Potato Lettuce Salad
- 1 bunch Romaine Lettuce
- 2 medium size potato, par boiled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup grapes, slit vertically
- 7-8 Kalamata Olives, slit vertically
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pinenuts
- 1 tablespoon dried dill leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Dressing (whisk all the ingredients for dressing together till homogenous)
- Juice of half Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Flax seed oil (you can use Olive oil here. I used Flax seed oil for its health beenfits)
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tsp sriracha/ hot sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Begin with roasting the potatoes. Take a pan and in it add in the oil. Heat it up. Add in the par boiled potatoes and roast on medium heat till potatoes start to roast on the edges.
- Add in the dried dill leaves, salt, pepper and mix well. Remove the potatoes and let them cool down.
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad together and spread the dressing on top. Toss around so that the dressing coats the entire salad. Serve cold with a side of your choice !
This salad is perfect in every sense. The potatoes makes this dish filling and the crunch from the roast makes this salad yummilicious ! I did not use the usual mayo dressing but went light by using yogurt. The grapes add in a little surprise to the salad and sriracha gives a surprise kick for sure. Now, you would call this a surprisingly cool salad, won’t u 🙂
For some more cool ideas, check out these below :