Here comes another pasta recipe which is really easy to recreate at home and is bursting with natural and fresh flavours. Today’s recipe is inspired by the simplicity and boldness of the sea. This dish uses a simple and elegant butter lemon sauce which is known for adding that oomph in sea food but i am going the vegetarian route. Have a look !
Why sea?? That must be the first question 😛 Well, this dish came to my mind sitting right in front of the beach here in San Diego. My friend was visiting me for a weekend and we really wanted to spend some girlie chit-chatting time while relaxing at the beach. It was such a fun day! While sitting there in sand, we started to talk about sea food (which she loves) and she was telling me about sea food sauce flavours. That got me into thinking and while she described, i could just think about incorporating those flavours into my next pasta dish. So, here i am.. to keep it in connection with the sea and a bit comical, i chose shell pasta and went ahead with this dish. Have a look 🙂
Brown Butter Lemon Pepper Pasta
Brown butter lemon pepper pasta
- 2 cups pasta shells, uncooked
- Salt for boiling the pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1 lemon + zest
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 cup bell peppers,cut into thin sticks (i used red bell pepper)
- Begin with boiling pasta and cooking it to Al-dente. Follow the instructions on the package for boiling.
- Drain the water and reserve 1/4th cup of boiled pasta water. Keep aside.
- Take a pan. Bring to heat. Add in the butter and let it melt. Next, add in the garlic and roast till light brown and toasted.
- Add in the carrots, zuchini, bell peppers and tomato paste. Saute on medium high till the vegetables are soft and tender. Add in the salt and pepper as needed.
- Add in the boiled pasta and pasta water. Add the lemon juice and zest to the pasta and mix everything together. Serve warm.
This dish takes the pasta to a whole new level. I had this and that is when i realized how simple flavours of butter and lemon makes everything so much better. I am actually feeling rather stupid that i never tried this combination at home 😛 If you have not tried this sort of combination yet, you should definitely give this a shot. Who knows, this dish might become your favorite 🙂