My family is every bit a pizza lover. If there is one dish my family can eat all three meals in the day, it is pizzas ! Today i am making a quick version pizza with sandwich bread and piling it up with hearty veggies, making it a perfect snack for kick starting your morning. So lets make and munch on this delicious Hearty Veggie Pizza Sandwich
I am doing a quick and crisp post today….much like the dish i have for you all today. I often make snacks using bread for breakfast. There are many routes to go when it comes to bread and you can hardly go wrong with it. My favorite options include Bread Pakoras, bread poha, croquettes, tater tots, bread rolls and offcourse… Bread Pizza !!
Bread Pizza is just like pizza minus the long list of ingredients and steps to follow. Today i am using my homemade onion bread slices but go wild with the bread available at your end. Some tomato paste, assorted vegetables, cheese and basic spices is all you need !! So, wear your mittens and get baking 🙂
Hearty Veggie Pizza Sandwich
Hearty veggie pizza sandwich
- 8-10 slices of bread (i used onion bread. You can use any type of bread. If you like to make your own onion bread, find the recipe here)
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato paste mixed with equal amount of water to make it thin and spreadable. (You can also use tomato puree instead)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of Garlic powder
- Assorted vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, corn)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup cheese (I used sharp cheddar cheese)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven at 375C.
- Place the bread slices on a pre-greased baking tray.
- Now, put tomato puree on the bread slices as the first layer.
- Add in the assorted vegetables on top of the tomato puree. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Next, top it up with grated carrots and cheese.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake for about 15-17 minutes or till the cheese melts and the bread becomes crispy.
- Serve immediately.