Who can say no to muffins.. am i right? I for one, simply cannot resist these gorgeous little treats ! Out of all of the zillion types of combinations out there, i believe one of my favorite ones are definitely Fresh eggless Blueberries Muffins. Today, i am trying out the eggless version in my DSB kitchen and hoping to enjoy them with my cuppa joe.So, let’s check out the recipe !
I must have had 100s of berries in my life but even now, every time i have a box of fresh berries at home, i feel like a kid !! I guess that is what one may call “true simple pleasures of life”. They all look the same in the box but some would be sweet and some would turn out to be tart… i know you might find that ordinary but i find that very interesting 🙂 To me, i always seem to relate that to human nature – we all look alike (like humans 😛 ), but every one of us is different and unique in our own ways !! Philosophical eh 😛
I always buy berries (specially blueberries) with the intention of trying recipes with them but i end up eating them all :PHave you tried making my whole wheat blueberry pancakes?? Oh man ! They are D.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s 🙂 Try those with a dollop of maple syrup on top and you are in heaven ! And if you really want to add a touch of oomph to your breakfast, make this Triple Berry Smoothie !! It looks gorgeous and has such fresh flavor from the berries – YUM !
These Fresh Eggless Blueberries muffins are delicious !
I am sure all this talk is getting you excited about this next recipe ! We are trying out some fresh blueberry muffins in our kitchen today and with the cold approaching fast, muffins seems to be a perfect breakfast pairing with the morning coffee ! Muffins are cousins of cupcakes. While cupcakes are usually associated with sugary colorful frostings and light fluffy cake base, muffins are usually crunchy on the top and are slightly on the denser side. Muffins can be made using whole wheat or other types of flours and can be both, sweet or savory ! So, lets give it a go !
Eggless Blueberry Muffins
Eggless Blueberry Muffins
- All purpose flour + 2 tablespoons for coating the blueberries -1 cup
- Whole Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- fresh/ frozen blueberries – 1 cup
- unsalted butter, at room temperature – 50 gms
- baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- milk / coconut milk – 3/4th cup
- sugar (I prefer brown sugar for a slight caramel taste but normal sugar works too) – 1/2 cup
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 375F. Take a cupcake tray and place greased cupcake wrapper in it.
- Take a bowl. Add in the blueberries and sprinkle some flour on top. Gently mix so that the blueberries are coated with the flour. Keep aside. Coating the blueberries help in keeping the berries from sinking to the bottom.
- Take another bowl. Sieve the 2 flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix together.
- In the third bowl, take the butter, add in the sugar, vanilla essence and mix well. Warm the milk and add into the butter mixture. Whisk well till the mixture is homogeneous.Whisking is an important step to incorporate some air into the mix.
- Now, slowly, add in 1 tablespoon of dry mixture at a time into this wet mixture and gently fold in to combine them together. Fold in gently till everything is well combined.
- Using a ladle or an ice cream scoop, pour the batter in each cupcake liner and fill 3/4 the way.
- Bake at 375F for about 15-18 minutes on medium rack or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the tray from the oven and let it completely cook down before peeling the silicon liners.
Variations – For variations, try adding in slivered Almonds in the batter and switch the vanilla essence for a few drops of almond extract. You can also top the batter with small sugar crystals or toasted oats for an added crunch.
These muffins are so irresistible ! Just look at that gorgeous purple color from the berries. I tried one as soon as they came out of the oven and they were the most amazing treat ever ! One note – Try not to be as impatient about eating them hot… the berries reach a pretty high temperature in the oven and can burn your mouth. I did burn my mouth a bit but the flavors were spot on and my family loved it . These muffins are great as parting gifts for friends and work well as travel foods too ! Try them.
Looking for more breakfast ideas ? Check these out :
Sweet Breakfast Treats
Savory Breakfast Treats