Pasta has been on my mind since morning and i have been concocting many flavors in my head. Today, i am going to be doing a super easy and quick pasta dish which is made awesome with Zaatar and help of a ready to cook pasta starter kit ! Also, this recipe features a new “Meatless” product which i am trying out for the first time in my kitchen. This dish is protein rich, vegetarian and full of flavors!
Last one year has been an experimental year for me. I got in touch with some really fun food brands and i got introduced to the concept of “Meatless Meats”. I have been in association with Modern Table Meals for many months now and i find their lentil pasta amazing ! U must check out my Mushroom Butter Masala Lentil Pasta, Quark Mac n cheese lentil pasta and Thai curry pasta.. all new ideas for getting more flavor out of your pasta bowl 🙂
For all the fellow vegetarians out there.. are you intrigued why the title of this recipe has the “chicken” word in it? Well, today i have a new product to share with you. I was recently provided with some coupons for “Beyond Meat” products and i thought it would be fun to give it a go.
Beyond Meat makes plant based meat alternatives which look and taste similar to their non – vegetarian counterparts but are completely vegetarian (vegan in many cases) and have the same amount of protein content. ! And for non vegetarian friends out there, products like these help them with going Meatless, a few days a week 🙂
Today, i am using the Mediterranean pasta kit by Modern table Meals and adding to it some Beyond Meat chicken strips for a protein rich meal. The pasta is quick to prepare and needs no extra seasoning , just water and a little oil. The beyond meat chicken strips have been transformed into lemon zaatar chicken to keep in tune with the Mediterranean theme.So, lets read it !
Mediterranean Pasta with Lemon Zaatar Meatless”Chicken”
- 1 Packet of Modern Table Meals Mediterranean bean pasta + veggie kit
- Water and Oil as suggested on the back of the pasta pack
- 1 packet Beyond Meat’s Chicken Grilled Strips
- Feta Cheese for garnishing – 1/4th cup (Omit to make this dish Vegan)
Marination for Lemon Zaatar Chicken
- Zaatar Mix – 2 tablespoons
- Olive Oil – 1 teaspoon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Zest of half a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Take a bowl and add the marination ingredients in it. Mix well. To this, add in the frozen grilled meatless chicken strips and coat them well with the marination. Keep aside for 20 mins.
- Proceed with the instructions on the pack of the Mediterranean pasta kit and prepare the pasta. The pasta kit comes with pasta + veggies, sauce and a spice mix. I prefer to prepare the pasta and sauce which i mix together. Keep the spice mix separate to be added as a garnishing on top.
- Take a skillet and let it heat up. Once hot, add in the marinated strips along with the marination and cook for a couple of minutes or till the strips are warm and well coated with the zaatar spice mix.
Take a bowl/ serving plate and add the pasta to it. Place meatless lemon zaatar chicken strips on the side and sprinkle the spice mix on top of the dish. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese for an authentic Mediterranean experience. Enjoy !
Isn’t that dish awesome !! The best part is that it took me less than 30 minutes and a gorgeous plate of pipping hot pasta was on the table… and this does look like a fancy meal ! Not bad for a weekday dinner date eh 🙂 I have no experience of eating chicken but i liked the taste and texture of beyond meat grilled strips. I was just experimenting with marination (have seen many chicken dishes using marination to let chicken soak up the flavours) and this product did that as well ! The Zaatar was a wonderful addition to it and the whole dish came together beautifully ! If you have not tried either of the products, you must give it a go ! I am already a big fan of Modern Table meals and with Beyond meat combined, this dish is a powerhouse of proteins !!