Peanut Butter (PB) is one of the things which i always have in stock in my cupboard. Though i do not prefer to have peanut butter by itself, i am completely in awe of the ways one can use it as a key ingredient in many recipes. I use peanut butter for both sweet and savory dishes. It is sometimes a real good substitute for peanut puree as that involves a lot more effort. I have had my days of PB Nutty-banana Cake (recipe to follow soon!), PB chocolate chip cookies for the sweet cravings. It is great as a salad dressing or for a fusion pizza base sauce too !
This Thai Peanut butter sauce can be used as a dip for Vietnamese Spring rolls (recipes to follow soon!) and off course for a quick Thai stir fry. Recently i had posted a recipe on this blog which uses this sauce: Thai- Rice vermicelli in peanut sauce. You can either make a fresh batch of sauce every time u make a Thai dish or make this Peanut sauce in bulk and use it as when needed.
*This sauce can be made and stored in refrigerator for over 15 days . Does not require a mixie.
Thai Peanut Sauce
Thai Peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Creamy Peanut Butter (For a coarse sauce, you can use the chunky Peanut Butter with peanut bits)
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut milk/ milk (or more depending on the required consistency)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp red hot sauce
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a frying pan, take 1 tsp oil and heat
- Add the paprika and sesame seeds when the oil gets hot
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the peanut butter and the coconut milk. Stir till the peanut butter dissolves. Add more coconut milk here for thinner consistency.
- Now add in the red hot sauce, soya sauce and salt.
- Stir on medium heat for 2 minutes. The sauce is ready. Serve hot or cold.
For a Dip variation – PB yoghurt Dip
It is a great idea to make a dip out of peanut butter to relish your green raw veggies or against tempura, vegetable fritters and even with Garlic Bread/ Toast.
For that, Take all the above ingredients and substitute coconut milk with half cup of thick yoghurt (you can also use Greek yoghurt here).
- Follow the procedure as for Thai Peanut sauce but do not put yoghurt in the pan.
- Use a little water (if needed) to dilute the peanut butter, saute with other ingredients. When mixed properly, remove from flame and let it completely cool down.
- Now add the peanut butter mixture into the yoghurt and mix well. The PB yoghurt dip is ready !!
I am sure the little cooks in you are all prepped up to make Thai food at home now !! Enjoy !
Pingback: PB chocolate chip cookies | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Hash Brown Pizza | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: YOG – HEARTS | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Phat Thai | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Thai Curry Chopsuey | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Thai – Rice Vermicelli in peanut sauce | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Crunchy crepe coins | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: All in one vegetarian Wrap | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Spicy Indian Yoghurt Gravy (Kadhi) | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: Recipes | Divine Spice Box
Pingback: PB chocolate chip cookies – Divine Spice Box
Pingback: YOG - HEARTS – Divine Spice Box