Summers are here. Something that i have always associated with summers is my mother’s mint-coriander chutney.
My mother would make a big box of chutney at the start of the week and by the 4th day, me and my sister would be fighting over the last spoon of that mouth- watering, simply amazing chutney.
Not only is this chutney one of my favorites, it is a great combination of minty freshness, coriander comfort, mango mania and lemony zing making it a real good choice for snacks. I sometimes even add this to my yoghurts and make an instant cucumber-mint raita.
Make this amazing chutney today and savor it with a plate of pipping hot paranthas/pooris or as a sauce to accompany your tomato-cucumber sandwiches – the combinations and possibilities are unlimited !!
Mint- Coriander Chutney
Mint coriander chutney
- Coriander – 1 bunch (approx 150gms)
- Mint – 1 bunch (approx 150gms)
- 1 medium raw mango – grated (can also substitute with 1 tsp dried mango powder)
- 1 inch ginger – roughly chopped (you can also add garlic if you like it)
- 2-3 green chillies – chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (optional)
- 1 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds
- powdered red chili to taste
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water for grinding
In a mixie/ food processor, put all the ingredients together and churn into a smooth paste using a little water for grinding.
Adjust salt and spices as per choice.