Guacamole , is an avocado-based sauce that originated with the Aztecs in Mexico.In addition to its use in modern Mexican cuisine it has also become part of American cuisine as a dip, condiment and salad ingredient.
Like many things i had never tried before, Avocado’s and specifically Guacamole was a new thing here. My husband likes guacamole a lot and since i had never tried it before, he decided to give me an authentic experience of the same. We went to a famous Mexican eatery here in Montreal and ordered for a grande serving of tortilla chips. Tortilla Chips, also a traditional dish is made using corn meal.The dish was a beautiful arrangement of chips on the platter with copious amounts of melted cheese and black-green olives and was served with salsa, sour cream and a huge serving of guacamole. The guacamole looked very simple in looks but was packed with interesting flavor.
Avocado is usually described as a fruit with a buttery, almost nutty taste. The taste is so unique that one has to try it to understand its flavor.
This recipe is a really simple dip. If u have the avocados at home, this recipe takes no more than 5 minutes to whip up. Best as a party quick dip.
Guacamole – Mexican Style Dip
Guacamole /mexican style dip
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 small onion – very finely chopped (you can also use 1 spring onion instead – both white and green portion)
- 1/2 tomato – finely chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- 1 green chilli – finely chopped (optional) / Paprika to taste
- 2 garlic cloves – minced (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh coriander- finely chopped
- In a bowl, take the avocado and mash or chop in fine pieces for a chunky texture.
- Add in all the other ingredients. Mix well. Serve with Tortilla Chips. * While serving u can also drizzle some extra virgin olive oil for a nice glossy texture and flavor.
Guacamole goes well with most of the Mexican dishes and also works well with vegetable filling wraps, chips and even with pizza ! Try it today 🙂