Mornings are busy for me and while i try to make something substantial everyday, week days are really tough to pull off. All i want is something healthy, quick to whip up , substantial and nutritious with vitamins and minerals…but is’nt that tough? If you are in the same loop as me, SMOOTHIES is the answer ! This is my first smoothie recipe and i have a beautiful pink drink to brighten up your breakfast table. Presenting Beets Banana Smoothie.
Recently i have started incorporating home made smoothies in my daily breakfast routine and this is my first recipe for a healthy and delicious smoothie drink. I am excited about my experiments with vegetable and fruits blending and really happy to finally have it in my recipe box ! Packed with the goodness of the beets and banana, this smoothie has all the nutrients you need to power pack your morning 🙂
It is always a great idea to include beetroot in your diet and while i find it really difficult to incorporate it in salads or consume raw on its own, beets work really well in this smoothie. Not only does it lend a beautiful color to the drink but the flavour pairs up really well with strawberry and banana without loosing its identity. The honey gives it a slight sweetness without making the smoothie too sweet and flax seed powder packs it with nutrition.
Beets Banana Smoothie
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1 beet root, boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain , 1% fat
- 1/2 cup strawberry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tsp flax seed oil or 1 tablespoon flax seed powder
- In a powerful blender, put the ice cubes and crush them into snow like consistency (i use ninja prep for the same – really convenient)
- Next, add in the banana, beet root and strawberry and churn in the blender into a pulp.
- Now, add in the yogurt as required (depending on your desired consistency, u can increase the quantity of the yogurt). Adjust the consistency of the smoothie by adjusting the quantity of yogurt.
- Finally, add in the honey and flax seed oil and give a quick whisk. Your lovely healthy pink “Beets Banana Smoothie” is ready.
This smoothie is really simple to whip up and at the same time, so delicious. If you have been reluctant about trying out smoothies, try this recipe and i am sure you will fall in love with it ! Enjoy !