Mornings are busy for me and while i try to make something substantial everyday, week days are really tough to pull off. All i want is something healthy, quick to whip up , substantial and nutritious with vitamins and minerals…but is’nt that tough? If you are in the same loop as me, SMOOTHIES is the answer ! This is my first smoothie recipe and i have a beautiful pink drink to brighten up your breakfast table. Presenting Beets Banana Smoothie.
Recently i have started incorporating home made smoothies in my daily breakfast routine and this is my first recipe for a healthy and delicious smoothie drink. I am excited about my experiments with vegetable and fruits blending and really happy to finally have it in my recipe box ! Packed with the goodness of the beets and banana, this smoothie has all the nutrients you need to power pack your morning 🙂
It is always a great idea to include beetroot in your diet and while i find it really difficult to incorporate it in salads or consume raw on its own, beets work really well in this smoothie. Not only does it lend a beautiful color to the drink but the flavour pairs up really well with strawberry and banana without loosing its identity. The honey gives it a slight sweetness without making the smoothie too sweet and flax seed powder packs it with nutrition.
Beets Banana Smoothie
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1 beet root, boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain , 1% fat
- 1/2 cup strawberry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tsp flax seed oil or 1 tablespoon flax seed powder
- In a powerful blender, put the ice cubes and crush them into snow like consistency (i use ninja prep for the same – really convenient)
- Next, add in the banana, beet root and strawberry and churn in the blender into a pulp.
- Now, add in the yogurt as required (depending on your desired consistency, u can increase the quantity of the yogurt). Adjust the consistency of the smoothie by adjusting the quantity of yogurt.
- Finally, add in the honey and flax seed oil and give a quick whisk. Your lovely healthy pink “Beets Banana Smoothie” is ready.