A quick dip for a quick ‘n’ fun breakfast. This dip is sure to beat your morning blues away !! A smooth, creamy dip with no fancy ingredients but looks of one. If you are looking for a non buttery, savory alternative for making your toast shine your mornings, this is one of the easiest routes to go 🙂 Presenting Yogurt Garlic Dip.
I have been trying to eat healthier and feel better about my mornings last few days. That meant rescheduling my daily routine, adding in the nutritional foods to the diet and minimize on the not-so-healthy ones. I happily resumed my yoga routine and started my daily walks, increasing the water consumption etc. These changes started to make me feel better but then, one day, after my small workout, when i sat down to enjoy my well earned breakfast, i realized that i was munching on something which was not helping me one bit. Amongst the healthy fruits, nuts and juice, i had a toast with butter on it. Now, to make it clear, i am not anti-butter, infact i love butter to an extent.. but i just thought to myself if i really needed that butter there. My inner self said NO.
So, to keep my inner self happy, i started to think of better ways to enjoy my toast and then i realised i had a big tub of fat free greek yogurt in my fridge. I knew what i was about to whip up and gathered the ingredients i needed. This dip came together pretty easily and now i have a big tub of it, sitting in my fridge, making me happier, every time i spread it on my toast. This is for sure, the best, guilt free way of enjoying my morning breakfasts and i love my breakfast now, more than ever !! Whats better is that this dip pairs well with a whole lot of other things like my savory pancakes, bagels, wraps, falafels .. the list is endless.. Check out some of my favorite flavour pairings below !! Enjoy !
Yogurt Garlic Dip with Red Bell Peppers and Cilantro
Yogurt Garlic Dip
- 200 gms hung Greek yogurt, plain and low fat/no fat (take Greek yogurt and hang it for about 2 hours to squeeze out water from it till it is thick. You can also use low fat home made yogurt)
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, finely chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra Olive oil
- 1 tsp, lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
- Whisk the hung yogurt till smooth.
- Add in Oil and lemon juice and mix till homogenous.
- Add in all the other spices and herbs. Mix well. The dip is ready.
- Cover and let it refrigerate for atleast an hour before serving.
Serve with pita bread, bagels, bread or crackers
Note: If you are hesitant about using Garlic in the dip, you can also remove garlic and instead put other herbs of your choice. Try different flavourings to make Italian style, Indian tandoori style etc. Be creative !
I recommend this dip with my favorite snacks :